Keys, keys, keys.

So, let me tell you a little bit about our house that we're staying in. It's called the Binke-Estes house, and it's actually really nice. There are 5 bedrooms, a big living area with tons of chairs and a couch and two dining tables, two bathrooms, and a full kitchen. So that means there are about 18 doors in our house. Each door has it's own key. Like a legit, old timey key. Which sounds pretty cool right? Well, it is... until you only bring the front door keys to get back in the house and the lock breaks and you have no way in. Boo. That's what happened today! It was actually pretty entertaining.

Our front door has always been a little temperamental. But I have always had the magic touch and had no problem with it. After lunch, we always have about an hour to rest before we go back to the Haven. Tons of us were getting close to finishing books and we were really excited to get that hour of reading in. Kaylee, Lacey, Catherine, and I were the first ones back to the house. I tried the key and it wouldn't turn. Bummer, I no longer have the magic touch. So Catherine tried it. No luck. Then Lacey tried it. No luck. Then it was Kaylee's turn. Still no luck. We looked in the keyhole and it was blocked! By then everyone else started showing up and of course, everyone had to have a go at trying to get the door open. And of course, we hadn't thought to bring the separate key to the back door. Oops. So we walked around to all the windows and we found one that was open. Except.... there are bars on all the windows and none of us are small enough to fit through. But then we remembered... Ian! Of course. We sent for him and he came, climbed right through those bars and went and unlocked the back door. We were all so relieved! And now it's way later and the lock on the front door has been replaced. Every day here brings a new little obstacle but that just means a new story to blog about, as B Weave says.

Best thing about our visit to the Haven today was that I didn't even recognize Hamilton!!! He looks like a completely different baby! His little cheeks are filling out and he's getting a little belly. We are continually amazed at how well he is doing. Keep praying for him. Also, the Haven now has a few new babies, one of which was born last Wednesday or Thursday! Please keep all of them in your prayers.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a graduate student working to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. I'm in love with my best friend, Jordan. I love cheese. I love elephants. I love reading.

    My Tweets

    Currently Reading

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Recent Comments