Come here, loverboy!

*The internet and my computer have not been getting along. This post is from yesterday (Saturday).

Yesterday morning, everyone woke up feeling better! After breakfast, Kaylee, Lacey, Catherine, and I decided to walk to the Haven. It's a good 25 minute walk at a brisk pace so it was a nice little morning exercise that woke us up.

When we got to the Haven, we found that most of the babies were sick, too, so it was definitely an off day. Probably the best part of the whole day was at Haven 3. When I went to get Dennis out of bed, he was, of course, wet. So, I had to change him, but that meant I got to pick out his outfit! I picked out a little onesie that said "I love hugs!" It was almost too much. He was so precious!I can't ever let go of this precious little hand! It's the worst part of my days.

Right before we left for the day, I was hit with a wave of nausea. But, I'd just changed a diaper, so I hoped it was just the smell that got me. Our group was supposed to go tour some radio station after working at the Haven. After the drive back to pick up the "Tulli" (plural for Tullos), I didn't think I could make it to the station. I decided I'd better just stay home so they dropped me off and I got straight in bed. I ended up skipping dinner because I kept having waves of nausea about every 10 minutes or so.
Since I skipped dinner, I was laying in my bed when I realized that the light that was shining through my window was pink. When I looked out this window, I saw this beautiful sunset!

Later last night everyone decided to have movie night and watch Dirty Dancing. I couldn't pass that up! I sat up and even had some of the refreshments provided by B Weave. I felt great the whole movie and sang every song! As soon as the camera was zooming out from Johnny and Baby dancing to "I've Had the Time of My Life", I had to run to the bathroom. Boo. Not good. I'll spare you the details, but I got in bed immediately after that.

I woke up feeling no better this morning and decided to stay home today. I finally got out of bed around 1, but I just read in the living room. I took a shower and started feeling better after that. Then everyone came home and I went to dinner with them. I didn't eat much, but I did eat some. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I'm doing so much better!

posted under |

1 comments:

Mrs. McMenamy said...

Rachel, I hope you are feeling better.
Thank you for sharing two more wonders of God's world, that beautiful African sunset and baby Dennis.
I am praying for you and the love you feel for baby Dennis. Your time with him will be short but the blessings you pray over him will last his lifetime. I am asking God to protect and comfort your heart as all of you draw closer to his children and people.
Peace, strength and love surround you as you work as God's servants. You may never know what great things these children will accomplish in their lifetime for God's kingdom. But our Lord has given all of you the opportunity to be apart of his plan in Zambia.
Peace be with you!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a graduate student working to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. I'm in love with my best friend, Jordan. I love cheese. I love elephants. I love reading.

    My Tweets

    Currently Reading

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Recent Comments