How many babies can you hold at once?

This morning while Dr. Weaver and Dr. Tullos were teaching a class, the rest of us got things out of the HIZ container and sorted out the language tub. We aren't able to start therapy until Monday so we pretty much had the morning off. Most of us read, wrote our blog posts in a Word document since we didn't have internet, played cards, or napped. Poor Kaylee was sick all day! Everyone pray that she gets better soon.

This is Linny. She is the most chill baby in the world.

This afternoon we were able to go over to the Haven and play with the babies! Two of the dorms were still napping so we all headed to the house with the HIV and TB babies. Some of them needed to be fed and the rest of them just wanted someone to hold them. The aunties were rotating them through bathing and changing so I held about 3 of them while I was there. The last one was a precious boy named Sam. He's the one in my Facebook profile picture! He played with me for a little bit and laughed and laughed. He got pretty tired after that so he just layed his head on my chest and sat peacefully. It was so hard putting him down and saying goodbye!

Catherine and Jaime feeding two babies.

Lace and I went over to the toddler dorm and as soon as we walked in the door, two boys ran into our arms. Bright, a major trouble maker, jumped to Lacey and Weston, a big boy with a sweet smile, jumped to me. We went and sat outside on their front porch while they were all given sippy cups. After watching us for about fifteen minutes, the other kiddos started to warm up to us. Soon all of them wanted some love! Lacey felt a little sick so she had to leave which left me alone with about 20 toddlers! I had about 3 in my lap, two playing with my hair, two playing with each hand, and 3 trying to get me to throw a football with them. It was madness. Really fun, but total madness. Soon I had to leave and after I shut the gate and was walking away, I heard Bright and Weston yell my name. I turn and they were climbing over the wall to run to me for one last hug! How precious. Me and Weston!

This weekend we're heading into a new town, Chomo, to go to a Zambian craft museum (jealous, Minchey?) and check out the market there. Sunday will be our first experience with church and I am so excited about it! Worshipping in other countries is always so uplifting and makes me feel even closer to the people because I know that they are my brothers and sisters in Christ!

Hopefully the internet will start working better and our blogging can be more up to date!

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rach!
This haylee, I am only commenting anonymously because all the other options require me remembering passwords...oops! I love your blog, if any blog ever looked like a person this one is def yours! also, hows benedict society treating you!? i love them, im finishing the 3rd now. o yeah, more importantly it looks like your are loving on some beautiful babies! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Rach, this is Dad. I love your blog! I was wondering why you hadn't added anything, but now I know it was because you didn't have internet access at the time. Love the pictures - keep on posting! Love, Dad.

LaBrown said...

Love the pictures!! Did the children welcome the attention that I know my classmates with the amazing hearts are giving them?!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a graduate student working to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. I'm in love with my best friend, Jordan. I love cheese. I love elephants. I love reading.

    My Tweets

    Currently Reading

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Recent Comments