World Cup

This morning was my last day of feeding therapy. I'm so sad! I'm really hoping next Friday we can do a little bit of language and feeding so I can see my little feeders again! Caroline assigned us each to two babies who we would have a 30 minute session with individually. I met with Dennis, my little love, first. He may be little, but I really think he recognizes me because anytime he sees my face, a big grin comes onto his face! That session was "easy" and really fun with my little man. Next, I had Choolwe. He was my "challenge" baby.

He is a precious baby, but he is completely enamored with Caroline. He wanted nothing to do with me and continuously searched around for Caroline. This involved a lot of head flopping and quite a bit of pathetic crying. I don't mean for pathetic to sound mean, but that's really the only word I have for Choolwe's cry. He has only learned this certain cry since our group has been here... we're pretty sure he started to realize that he got some attention when he cried this way. Now, it just kind of makes us laugh and he sees us laughing and quickly stops. He's funny like that.

This afternoon, Caroline was going to give us the last hour to do some work on our capstone projects so we decided to split the time with Haven 1 and 3. We went to Haven 3 first... and ended up staying there the whole time! We brought our babies out on the porch and since none of them had bottles, we decided to get their stretches in and do some sitting and tummy time with language stim. The aunties always want the babies to have hats on when they go outside, so... Lace and I decided to make Dennis and Matt a little bit gangsta... They were too cute!

Shelby and Sidney were dressed in very similar little outfits so of course we had to get pictures of them! Shelby is such a happy baby, and Sidney is doing so much better!
By the end of therapy, I was laying on the ground with little Dennis on my chest. Caroline deemed it cuddle time and we were more than happy to give a little extra love to our babies! I don't even want to think about leaving them yet. Finally, we had to put them back in their rooms and say bye for the day. Caroline walked over to Eric's house with me. Eric's house is run the Roy and Cathy Merritt, the missionaries here, and is basically an orphanage for kids ages 4 and up. It is right across the street from the Haven and it's beautiful! I needed to find some 4 year old children for my capstone project and one of the ladies there helped gather some up for me. We ended up just playing with some puzzles and reading a few books to let them get used to me. It was a little hectic, but it helped me realize a few tweaks I need to make for my project! Here is sweet little George contemplating his puzzle:
Caroline and I headed back over to Haven 1 to meet up with everyone. When we walked in, the TV was on and about 10 men, including the preacher and Edwin (our luggage savior) and Ian, were huddled around it watching the first game of the World Cup- Mexico vs. South Africa! Lace and I both watched it with them until we had to leave. We are in Africa. The World Cup is in Africa. Legit.

posted under |

1 comments:

Lindsay Arnold said...

I love that picture of little George and his cowboy boots!
Linds

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Romans 12:2

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

About Me

My photo
I'm a graduate student working to become a Speech-Language Pathologist. I'm in love with my best friend, Jordan. I love cheese. I love elephants. I love reading.

    My Tweets

    Currently Reading

    Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Recent Comments